We are purchasing a CVD tool to deposit thin film, high-k dielectrics, which means that we need to add a TMA (trimethylaluminum) gas cabinet. EH&S is saying we need a UVIR Flame Monitor for this gas cabinet. True?

Your EH&S people are right on with this recommendation.  TMA is one of the gases, along with silane, that require a UVIR flame monitor to be installed in gas cabinets and VMBs in most localities.  Check with your local fire marshal to make sure, but according to our records, TMA gets a UVIR.   TMA produces small smoke partials with a very small leak, and comes off as noticeable white smoke.  Because it is a hydrocarbon it gives off a good CO2 spike that the UVIR keys in on.  Good luck with your system and call us if you need any additional information.

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.