An unfortunate reality for many Fabs is that gas lines get contaminated. Whether it’s due to a faulty fitting or an error during a cycle purge, leaks can cause panels to become contaminated.
The good news is that a costly new panel is not your only option. Through our fabrication expertise and expansive inventory of components, CSI can recondition and warranty panels and tube assemblies quickly and inexpensively.
Reconditioning & Repair Process for Contaminated Panels
- We require the gas systems to be purged prior to shipment, a decontamination form filled out and signed by the technician who pulled the panel, and any MFCs to be separated from the panel.
- End connections can be taped or sealed with plastic caps, but do not cap or plug the connections with stainless caps. Please include a copy of any wiring schematics you have so we know the proper pin outs for testing.
- A small evaluation fee is charged to assess the condition, and you will receive a conditioning quotation from CSI prior to starting any work. Should you choose to have CSI repair the panel, the evaluation fee will go towards reconditioning cost of the panel.
- Once received, panels are disassembled and analyzed, and components and flow controllers are decontaminated then cleaned, repaired or replaced. Tube assemblies are cleaned using a multi-step semiconductor cleaning process or are rebuilt new.
- Mechanical and electrical functionality is tested
- Back panels, wire harnesses, assembly hardware and other non-wetted parts are cleaned and reused for cost savings.
- Severely contaminated panels are reverse engineered, and a new gas panel is built — at significant cost savings over the OEM.
- Analytical Services available
Gas Panel Modifications
- W Seal, C Seal, VCR or Weld
- Gas Type or Flow Changes and Component Modification
- MFC, LFM, and Injector Cleaning, Calibration & Repairs
- Process Tool Inlet Air Purification for Removal of Amines and Acids